Federal Lien Registration
Learn the Basics
- When searching by debtor’s name, partial names are acceptable. For example, you could use the keywords First South instead of The First Southern Apartments, LTD, LLP. Punctuation is optional.
- Our records are indexed in alphabetical order.
- The registrations that come closest to your search criteria are listed first.
- If an exact match does not appear, you can scroll forward or backward using Previous List and Next List to view the names indexed before and after the current page.
- Click on the name to view detailed information about the federal judgment lien.
- Search by document number: the error message Invalid Document Number means the document number does not exist in our records.
- Try again or search by name.
- Be sure to use the number zero (“0”) for all document numbers. The letter “o” is not acceptable.
Know Your Search Options
You can search our database by:
- Debtor’s Name – lists federal lien registrations by debtor’s name. Results include the debtor’s name, address, corporate FEIN (optional), the lien’s status and the type of filing (FLR lien) for each record.
- Document Number – lists detailed information about the federal tax lien associated with the entered document number.
Access and View Filed Documents
- You can view a list of document filings on the registration’s detail page.
- Click View image in PDF format to access the document as a PDF.
- Click the document link to download a TIFF image.
- You can save or print a copy of the document.
- See Document Image System for more information.
Understand the Details
Refer to the following chart to understand the information included on the registration’s detail page: