Records Management Liaison Officers
Every agency is required by law to appoint an RMLO to serve as a point of contact between the agency and the Division of Library and Information Services’ records management program. Typical duties might include:
- Reports agency’s compliance statement annually to the Division.
- Helps ensure proper disposition of eligible records.
- Trains and advises agency staff in records management practices.
- Responds to questions from the public regarding agency records.
- Works with the Division to establish retention schedules.
- Inventories agency records.
- Participates in agency decisions regarding microfilming, imaging, storage and disposal.
- For Tallahassee-area agencies who are State Records Center customers, manages Total Recall users.